Tuesday, April 21, 2009

3:09pm Dad Got Called up to the Big Leagues

It's with great Pride, Love and Admiration that I post this entry onto Dad's blog...

At 3:09pm this afternoon Bud Brewster passed away from this life on earth to a much greater calling to be with the Lord. Although we will miss him in body, we will never forget the impact the Husband, Dad, Uncle, Grandfather, Great Grandfather and Friend Bud Brewsters' Spirit has made on each and everyone of us.

From early this morning Dad has been surrounded by family. At approximately 9:30 this morning the oxygen was removed and dad started to complete his stay here with all of us. The morning was filled with peaceful song and prayer. He was showered with Hugs and Kisses from all of the kids that he used to care and provide for. It was truly a blessing for all of us to be with him today!

And what a beautiful day to be called to go to Heaven! No more pain and suffering... only eternal peace that will help him continue to influence our character and help us throughout our stay here. There's no doubt Dad will continue to provide for us in the ranks of the Angels! And he'd better hurry up and get his wings... Cause we're Burnin' Daylight!

I'll provide an update as soon as we know details for arrangements in the coming days!

On behalf of Mom and my brothers and sisters, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for our family!

God bless you all,
Tony

3 comments:

  1. My Father passed in July of last year... We both enjoyed time spent on the water... I don't know where this came from... but it was sent to me when he passed.....

    The Little Ship

    I stood watching as the little ship sailed out to sea. The setting sun tinted his white sails with a golden light, and as he disappeared from sight a voice at my side whispered, “He is gone”.

    But the sea was a narrow one. On the farther shore a little band of friends had gathered to watch and wait in happy expectation. Suddenly they caught sight of the tiny sail and, at the very moment when my companion had whispered, “He is gone” a glad shout went up in joyous welcome, “Here he comes!”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyes wide open, he was waiting for our Heavenly Father to take him home. I know first hand the relief & the hurt each of you are enduring. All my love to my family! Jeri Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love y'all and I'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete